Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Short, just like a nerd's sex life

This one won't be long primarily because there isn't much to say. Usually I like to come back and look at the glory that is my own textual dump of random letters that create the anger that burns within me just from having to deal with asshats everyday, but this time, it's not a human I'm pissed at, although they're undoubtedly the reason for it.

Auto-answering shit on phones is annoying as fuck; we all know this much. But it's cheaper than paying for labour because companies don't want to actually have a workforce behind them, I suspect it's due to a fear of gaining a heart or maybe they're just allergic to skin flakes. Either way, I don't deal much with the auto-answering shit, so it really doesn't bother me that much.

HOWEVER, today as I was drifting throughout campus aimlessly and pointlessly, listening to some Arcade Fire and thinking about how hopeless my future is, and also about if I should buy lunch or just go home and eat, my cell phone rings. It's a blocked ID, but for some reason I needed human contact at that moment, so I answered it.

What do I get on the other end? "Please hold while we connect you to WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT." YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU MOTHERFUCKERS DO NOT CALL ME THEN PLACE ME ON HOLD ASSHAT FUCKTARD PIECE OF SHIT RELATED ANGRY WORDS!

.........okay. I'm calm again. But seriously, what the fuck? What dumbass thought calling people with telemarketing shit, but instead placing them on hold would EVER work? "Hey, I've got a great idea! Less piss off people that don't want to be bothered already but even moreso by placing them on hold before we can even get to harping our shit on them! There's no way this could backfire!"

This is only compounded by the fact that I have to pay for minutes on my cell, so there's a 0% chance for anyone of me holding a conversation that lasts more then 30 seconds. If you're calling me to just chat, I'm hanging up on your ass. You better say everything in the first ten seconds.. fuck, don't say hello, just tell me the information and then I'll either ignore you or tell you to find me. But what the fuck is the point of calling me to just put me on hold before I know what the fuck is going on?

That number is dead to me now.

-Mark, still pissed about fuckers calling me and putting me on hold. Asshats.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Fixed, slapnuts.

Anonymous said...

Well played, sir.