Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Canada votes wrong twice in one election

Congratulations Canada - for voting with your douchebaggery senses, instead of your brains. So now we have a Conservative minority government, which is one step better then a Conservative majority government, but in the process we also handed the balance of power to the NDP, which is a party on the other side of the spectrum to the Cons. So this government won't be able to put anything to vote without it getting shut down hardcore, and we'll be forced to see a right-leaning leadership in the next 6-12 months before the gov't dissolves.

So good job, Canada. You took one bad guy out of power, and put another idiot in power, then because you seem to like voting, you put the opposite leaning party against it.

And I'm glad that nobody cares about the environment, because I really want to die quickly so I don't have to live through watching people make dumbassed decisions and never see anything change.

It comes to a point when you get tired of ALWAYS being the person that says "I told you so." This blog is basically me being that person, albeit it angrily - but that's cause it's the only way people actually listen. Sure, a lot of people will write me off cause my language is bad (so what, they're words), and I have a fairly minority view (you know, I don't want to consume the shit out of things until we don't have any way out of it), but I know I'm not alone, and I know for sure that there's a few people out there that don't suck.

What REALLY pisses me off about this whole voting thing and voting in general in any country is that 80% of the people don't even know why they're voting for a certain party or person, and they don't bother to read the issues. And I'm calling someone out on this, and he knows who he is: Peter. Do you even know why you voted for who you did? Can you cite specific issues that were important to you that your party mentioned? Can you do anything but make broad generalizations about what you voted for?

Ugh. I'm depressed. For such a supposedly enlightened species, we sure do suck.

-Mark

No comments: