Friday, February 04, 2005

Getting your Priorities Straight

To continue using a small font now to make myself feel good and to counter Peter's (http://petersrandomness.blogspot.com) big font of unmistakeable evil, I will continue with my ongoing series of random yellings at things. Today it's about Bush's State of the Union address.

So as a Canadian, his SOTU doesn't really affect me directly, but still, this guy's a jerk. To blatantly lie about his directives in Iraq is possibly the worst leadership quality ever. My ass it was his whole intention to bring freedom and liberty to the middle-east. Although I may have been wrong (although I don't think so) about the oil, the reason they went to Iraq is (as they stated in 2003) about terrorism. After that apalling failure of an occupation, one randomly unexpected good turnout doesn't make up for the amount of innocent people that died to bring that so called "freedom" to Iraq. I would respect Bush more if he actually got the balls to admit why he was really there. At least then we'd know he's a jackass but has reasons. Lying to your own citizens is unacceptable, especially when your acts are borderline genocide.

And now he's threatening Iran and Syria about invasion. Another two big oils spots with dictatorship. If Bush and his administration REALLY cared about spreading freedom he would go to Sudan first, where there is genocide being committed (similiar to the situation in Rwanda in '94). But what does Sudan have to offer to America, commodity-wise? I think that the reason they aren't putting their priorites in humanity is because despite what they say, they could give a shit about how many people die. If they don't get gain out of it, it's not worth helping.

Sadly, that's the mentality of most of the world. And it's something we're all guilty of.

-Mark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Americans in general make me sick. It's not just Bush..they're the idiots who voted for him in the first place, except Florida, where voting is a foreign concept. Now, I'm not some Canadian who is just burned by them or anything, I have a lot of family in the states, mostly Florida, and they are not educated. They have the possibility to be smart, but the just don't give a shit. My cousin asked if there's igloos in my neighbourhood..I live in Ottawa. And Bush is just their moronic leader. He went on camera and started talking about our PM, Jean Poutine. Uh, doesn't he realize that's food?! I just think that the problem with their country is that almost no one can think for themselves anymore. They are brainwashed by their news programs and led by the largest idiot of them all.
-that which means beloved

Haurez said...

Dude, you are unmistakeable evil. As for that Bush thing, I cannot disagree. I'd comment like the mystery person but commenting takes work. Too much Modernism..... see ya later

Haurez said...

Good call Leah!

Mark said...

It's not my fault I'm a genius.