Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Damn you, boots!

I'm pretty sure that this title will become irrelevant as I continue on. Sorry for the delay, I've been "feeling under the weather" for awhile. Anyway, what the hell is with the weather? If I remember correctly, last week it was colder than Jesus. I actually said to my roommate that I could raise the temperature 40 C (or like.. 110 F) and it would be SPRING weather. Apparently God/Mother Nature/The earth's rotation decided it'd throw me a bone this week and make it warm. And by warm, I mean. . . 1 C. That's great, but the only problem is the snow melts and freezes overnight. Being a night-person, I go outside then, and the next thing I know, I'm slipping all over the place. Don't get me wrong, ice is great and all and it's fun to watch other people fall, but it was friggin dark as hell and everywhere I stepped was ice. So after apparently tearing my groin, I managed to stop slipping. Stupid weather. Of course It'll probably snow like hell after this week, so I'm refering to this as the "tease" week. Nice (relatively speaking) weather for a week, then hell for the rest of the two months.

And who actually believes that groundhog day crap? The jerkoff didn't see his shadow 2 years ago and we had a blizzard in April. And not early April either. This was like the last week of April. Groundhog day is stupid. If they wanted it to mean something, they should have had it after winter.. then it'd be warm and everyone would know the groundhog was giving us good news.

And now for my (lack of boots). I don't own them because I hate boots, but damn does it suck in the slush with running shoes. I suppose that's my own fault, but London should really invest in some overpriced slush removal system.. like.. I dunno, global warming or something. Then I could wear running shoes year round without ever worrying about it.

Okay I'm done. In summary: I hate winter.

-Mark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark...first off, go to class, damnit!! second, get some damn boots and shaddup would you? or would you prefer some cheese with that whine?
-that which means beloved

Anonymous said...

Interesting fact: Groundhog Day used to be a European Christian holiday known as Candlemas that centred on the hedgehog. When the pilgrams couldn't find any over here, they settled for groundhogs. And the reason they emerge from their holes is that February is the start of mating season. Good ol' Wiarton Willie isn't checking for his shadow, he's simply looking for some lovin!
-J Po

Mark said...

Thanks. Now you've ruined Christmas too.