Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I was thrust with glory, and everyone telling me to tell my story

Okay, usually the dome is angry, but today is a time to rejoice, because I just had the BEST.BUSRIDE.EVER.

So I'm on the bus, sitting, and we come close to an intersection stoplight. There's a line of cars, so the bus stops - but opens the door in the left turn lane - some dude in a red Honda is calling him over. He says something about how the bus drove off when his daughter was there (so what?). The bus driver apologizes and tries to explain his thing, and then the guy yells to the driver "You're an asshole!"
Now it gets fun.

They crawl up a bit, and yell some more. The driver shouts something, the car shouts something.. it's loud, and everyone on the bus can hear (I'm trying not to laugh).

The red Honda then CUTS OFF THE BUS to get into the left turn lane, stops in the middle of the intersection (causing the bus to nearly crash into it), then out-crazies everyone by getting out of his car and running to the driver's window. I didn't catch it all, but this is the gist:

Honda: "What's your fucking problem you asshole!"
Bus: "It's not my fault if your daughter doesn't get on the bus!"
Honda: "Why don't we just step outside and settle this, you asshole?" (remember, we're in the middle of the intersection).
Bus: "I'm not getting out of the bus, you moron."
Honda: "We'll I'm not moving my car until you do!"
Bus: "Fuck you, I'm calling the cops!"
Honda: "Go right ahead, I'll be waiting!"

All this over a dumbass chick that doesn't know how to get on a bus... hehe.

So the Honda guy eventually panics, cuts off like 18 other cars trying to avoid getting his plate read (and he failed), and the bus got me to campus on time, and the cops were called. I burst out laughing during the middle of this argument, which was probably awkward, but it was hilarious...

So I dub that the best bus ride I've ever had.

And now you know how fucking crazy the place I live in is. People trying to pick fights over a missed bus ride.

Excuse me a moment...

..
..
..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-Mark

(Last song: Bloc Party - Helicopter)

4 comments:

Haurez said...

Oh the good ol' bible... Dont't get Mark started on that one...

that girl said...

ohhh yes lets..."SO, what do you think about the bible?" :P I have to start shit..I'm a woman,its my right :)

Mark said...

This town isn't exciting enough.. I wanted to go out there and egg him on.. or punch him. Either way it was worth it.

Mark said...

And the BIBLE??!?@!?#KJ$#

Actually it's not so much the bible that organized religion that I hate.