Monday, March 27, 2006

Six out of ten, better luck next time

So I'm still pissed about that crash, cause I'd JUST cleared my last debt (ironically, that day. Fuck off!) Anyway, so I only have to work 10X the hours I have so far to pay off a piece of plastic and a fingerful of paint, but this bring me to my next pile of ranting juice.. and I can't believe I didn't rant about this earlier.

But before I begin, I can say that you people have nothing to worry about - despite the happy-enducing powers of the current girlfriend, the Universe was righted again by the cement pillar that I've already kicked and swore at the day after (which I rode to work on my sister's bike, cause my bike got a flat in the GARAGE over the winter, somehow. So I threw it through the recycling bin, which broke it. Luckily, Duct tape solved that. Let's move on).

INSURANCE! You fuckers!

Okay, I hate hate hate hate insurance. I hate them so much I wouldn't even hate fuck them (if you don't know what hate fuck means, wikipedia it.). But it's so counter-intuitive (car insurance). I mean nobody ever wants to claim because they're afraid their rates will skyrocket (which they would). It's so bad that some people would rather just buy a new car then deal with those fucktards. And because it's illegal to drive without insurance, those fucktards can do whatever they want. I mean I pay 150 a month or whatever to do shit with my car (which is my dads, which is broken). I have to pay for something I can never forsee myself using, because I'd actually rather pay for any damage to any car I own then talk to those douches. Even if I can't afford the car repairs, it's better then paying out the ass in insurance.

Here's an idea for the government to win the next 800 elections: MAKE AUTO INSURANCE NOT MANDATORY - UNLESS YOU GET INTO A MAJOR ACCIDENT. What's a major accident? 10K+ of damage. If you've totalled your crate that much, you should have to pay insurance. But if you've just dinged a few times, fuck off! And speeding affecting your insurance? EVERYONE SPEEDS. EVERYWHERE. ALL THE TIME. If you DON'T other drivers get pissed. Anyway, if you don't need auto insurance, well fuck, insurance companies make actually make it WORTHWHILE to have insurance. Right now they've got you by the balls and there's nothing you can do so why SHOULD they help you unless they don't get 5X the benefit?

See, house insurance isn't mandatory but it makes sense. You don't want your shit to get stolen or anything, so you get it if you have something valuable. IF you drive a wreck, who cares if someone steals it? Oh no, my car that I need to service every week and that has a leaky gastank! I'll have to walk to the end of the street to get it back! Seriously. If you have a nice car, you'll probably insure it to make sure that you're covered. But if you drive a crate, you don't care that much. If anything, you're just happy to not have to deal with that. And since we live in the age of paranoia, it's more than likely you'd actually take better care of it if you could lose it and have no compensation.

Fuck you, insurance.

-Mark

(Last two songs: March 24: Okkervil River - The War Criminal Rises and Speaks)
(March 25: Okkervil River - The Velocity of Saul at the Time of His Conversion)

1 comment:

Mark said...

I've driven without a license or insurance for a few months before, and got away with it. Smooth.

And yeah, the argument is kinda petty since there's nothing I can do about it, but I'm not expecting anyone to do anything. But if a lot of people get pissed enough, maybe we can riot. That's always fun, destroying property.. cause at least then the insurance companies would have to pay for it!

On your poem like Jesus on the cross.