Sunday, February 26, 2006

More proof the world is retarded

Not like you needed more proof anyway, but http://www.occidentalism.org/?p=79

Well, that blogger (whoever he is) makes a good point, but let's be rational here (because I'm known for that...). Well no shit burger king is going to redesign the logo, we're talking about the people that firebombed Danish embassies because of a cartoon - so apparently coincidence = insulting them.

Disclaimer: Obviously, not all Muslims are extremists - in fact, probably very very few are. But hey, just like those people ruined it for the rest of them, I'm sure the Middle East considers all Westerners terrorists by the same right. Hooray miseducation and stereotypes!

Moving on. It's great to know that suddenly we have to be careful of doing absolutely anything because it might offend someone and that'll get us killed by a pile of batshit insane people so caught up in something that they have absolutely NO proof of being real or factual in any way.

I've said it once (ever), and I'll say it for the second time here: If God is so powerful, he certainly did a shit job making humans. Maybe he was drunk. I mean, the world in 6 days? All signs point to us being the "newest" creatures, so after all that other work, maybe he just got fucking wasted... or maybe he hated his job on the other parts of the "creation" and decided he'd rather laugh at us for the next couple hundred thousand years (not that we'll make it that far).

Good job, "God". Your creations suck.

-Mark

1 comment:

Mark said...

I'm willing to admit I don't know that much about the bible, as per I've never read it and never intend to.

I mean I'm clearly agnostic, but I do know the Adam and Eve story, if I go way back to my 10 year old self in sunday school, there's some vague recollection...

But honestly, given how ambiguous the terms "good" and "evil" are, and how so called holy people apparently have the power to decide for the rest of us losers what's good and bad in their own interpretation, and if we do them wrong we're doing God wrong and etc etc etc... which eventually leads to Jihads on Ice Cream cone and burning down Danish embassies over a cartoon.

See how it gets out of hand really fast? I'm not insulting your faith per se - you're no more wrong or right than I am. But when people start to interpret the Bible/Koran/Jesus's Surfing guide in Las Vegas in their own ways, suddenly good and evil is mixed.

And that's why we have ridiculous stories like some dude threatening a religious revolt over an ice cream cone.