Saturday, April 02, 2005

I exist, too

I absolutely hate it when I do something, or nothing, and a family member comes to me and says "you have to pay for this" or "you have to do this now". First of all, it's usually unrelated to what I've done previously. For example, here's the latest annoyance:

I went out at 3PM to see Sin City, came back at 6:15. Around 9PM my sister "informs" me I have to pay for her cat staying overnight at the vet cause she couldn't take the truck (cause I had it out). First of fucking all, I didn't eve KNOW her cat was at the vet. If I had been INFORMED of this the day before, I'd have taken the buses around to the theatre. You can't blame me for using a mode of transportation that I'm entitled to as much as she is to go and do something when you happened to have needed it but never told me. It's not like I'm a total asshole and would have taken it just so you couldn't. In short, I'm not paying for her cat's stay at the vet when I didn't know.

Second: Just seconds before she drops that ridiculous bomb, she "informs" me that she's going to "need" me to pay for some of her cat's stay at the vet because it's going to clean out half her savings. She's got more fucking money then I do already, so what part of that demand (they never ask; they always demand I do whatever) makes sense? It's not my cat, and I can't afford it. Yes I like the cat and I care for my sister, but there's a limit to what I can do. I don't have a job (school purposes) but I will soon, but I'm financially screwed beyond human belief. Those are just two little things.

However, I just woke up and opened my door to hear her on the phone talking on the phone to my father about both the aforementioned situations. This totally and utterly screws me because her and my dad will easily side against me. So now I'm going to be yelled at, threatened (with losing the Jeep, to which I say, fine.. fuck it), and basically told it's entirely my fault I didn't know and that my sister can't afford the bill. Not that my dad can either, he's got a Jeep and a house to pay off while he continues to blow 400 dollars on a distiller when the one we had worked fine already (that's a different story).

So here's my thing. I'm going to be treated like shit for the next few days, although I'm already doing these jackasses a favour by driving them around. I have to pick up my dad tonight because he's too fucking lazy to take the bus from the train station, my sister is going to bitch at me about money I owe her that I don't, I can guarantee my dad will say "well then you can't drive the truck" at least once, even though I'm actually the safest driver in the house (my dad can't drive). Course, I'm picking him up cause he called me after he left the house and said "I need you to do this on Saturday". Thanks for telling me before you left. He actually avoided me and talked to my roommate about what he was planning to do and told him "Well Mark better not make plans then." WTF?

I exist, too, fucktards!

-Mark

No comments: