Saturday, March 26, 2005

Does any politics work?

I'm just wondering, because it seems no matter where I look, every single political group sucks. I support a fringe group in Canada (loosely) called the Green party, who's main focus is environmentalism. They're on the rise, but still haven't won a seat in parliment (I think at any level) yet. Anyway, that's a bit off topic.

I see the current government and see that it blows. A huge majority of Liberal at the provincal level here, and they've F****d Ontario over royally with some really dumbass decisions, while raising the defecit from 2 billion to 6 billion. Bravo, fuckers. And now they can't blame the conservatives.

That's the problem. Most majority governments are idiots and don't think about the better good of the people that elected them.

Here's my pitch for minority governments: While it's unstable, in order for anything to get done they have to WORK TOGETHER and get a balance of opinions. Course, when they are the opposition the thought of working with each other seems similiar to killing a baby or an orphan performing surgery, so we don't expect miracles. But what the hell is so wrong with different opinions working out a compromise?

Bah, this is why I'm barely political.

-Mark

No comments: