Friday, September 01, 2006

Out of Anger.

Well that didn't last long. I've got too much movie ADD and not enough inspiration to maintain a blog about movies. Especially since I've reviewed two in the last month, and watched: about 15-20. I'll never catch up, and it's just the beginning.

So after a 20 months, almost to the day, the Angry Dome will be sputtering to a close, replaced by an emptiness that can't be filled... unless of course, you visit my OTHER blog. There my movie-rich heritage will continue, but in a different light - and one that will be updated more frequently, and with more of a point.

This place had a great run, and here, on post 121, I pay tribute to the fallen comrade, The Angry Dome. He blazed out on all saddles, waged an insurgency against stupidity and douches for 19 months, before falling victim to the fact he'd realized he'd ran out of things to hate (the maximum apparently being about 110 individual hatreds). There were good ones along the way - remember that one about slitting wrists, or stupid teens, or that time I schooled those emo lunatics? Yeah, good times. Oh! And where I made fun of New Orleans and everyone hated me for it? Classic.

Well, I guess this is where the blog hits the execution squad - but this squad is lazy - instead of burying the body, they'll leave it to fester, to rot, to see how many people still visit, and use it as a shameless plug to the NEW, ACTUALLY INTERESTING blog!

And so, we say goodnight. RIP The Angry Dome: You inspired me to hate more than ever before, and was ultimately replaced with a newer model.

-Mark

No comments: